This is our first look at the repairs on our airstrip and we were delighted that we could see all the work scraping off the grass and leveling the strip well past the little waiting area we lovingly call the ULA International Airport.
We are very grateful to the Lord for:
- the many folk that gave sacrificially for all the labor costs and supplies for the repairs
- our partner, that he could arrange his schedule in Australia to come back to the Philippines for the month of April to do the ground work and supervising
- for safety for the village people working by pick axe, shovel and muscle power in the blistering heat *Please pray for unhindered work on their farms as this is normally the busiest time for getting the land cleared and burned before planting
- for our missionary pilot for his expertise in directing the repairs necessary and his willingness to hold flights until he could make the overland trip into the village to assess the situation first hand
- for safety for Chris to travel the hazardous roads in a borrowed truck (thank you co-workers!) buying supplies and transporting people and those supplies so they could make the trip into the village
- for all those who remembered to pray for the whole process and continue until the plane safely returns to our village and for the continued work God is doing among the Banwaon
After all, it takes a TEAM!